home history family photos records misc

Delmas Long Community Center, Goodlettsville


  
Delmas Long Community Center, Goodlettsville
Delmas Long Community Center
Kasper Mansker's grave is visible behind the stone monolith.
Inscription on the monolith plaque:
TO COMMEMORATE MANSKER'S FORT, BUILT 1779, STOOD ONE QUARTER MILE SOUTH OF LONG HOLLOW ROAD ON WEST BANK OF MANSKER'S CREEK ONE HALF MILE FROM THIS SPOT.

SECOND MANSKER'S FORT BUILT 1783, STOOD HALF MILE NORTH OF LONG HOLLOW ROAD ON EAST BANK OF MANSKER'S CREEK. THE GRAVE OF CASPER MANSKER IS NEAR THIS FORT.

WALTON'S CAMPGROUND NAMED FOR ISAAC WALTON, FOUNDED BY METHODIST CHURCH, ABOUT 1802, STOOD SOUTH OF LONG HOLLOW ROAD ON EAST BANK OF MANSKER'S CREEK. USED AS PLACE OF WORSHIP UNTIL 1856, WHEN CONGREGATION MOVED TO CONNELL MEMORIAL METHODIST CHURCH HERE, NAMED FOR ENOCH PRINCE CONNELL

ERECTED BY ROBERT CARTWRIGHT CHAPTER D.A.R. AND CUMBERLAND DISTRICT, TENNESSEE METHODIST CONFERENCE